4-710D Four-Channel “Twin-Finity” Mic Preamp & DI with compressor
4-710D is a modern 4 channel preamp with ancestry back in time, it is equipped with 4 pcs. of the award-winning 710 Twin-Finity mic preamp that is equipped with both transistor and tube, and where you can steplessly mix tube and transistor-based sound.
But the 4-710D is much more than that… each microphone channel is equipped with a newly designed compressor / soft limiter in 1176 style so there is control of the dynamics.
If you use the built-in A / D digital conversion, you get access to 4 additional inputs. ie a total of 8 channels 24-bit, 192 kHz A / D conversion with both ADAT and AES / EBU output (DB25). This makes the 4-710D ideal as an add-on to e.g. one of Universal Audio's Apollo interface and supplement for Apogee Symphony or Avid HD / HDX systems.
Of course, the microphone channels also have analog outputs - separate and balanced, and are also equipped with balanced insert send / returns so that EQ or power can be added to the signal path.
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity ™ microphone / line preamps, each featuring:
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MΩ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75 Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
- Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion:
- Selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
- Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
- LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
- 75Ω BNC work clock I/O
- Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up
- Universal voltage internal power supply
- Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit