Ready to shoot?
SSL2 or SSL2 + is much more than an audio interface or USB sound card. It's the powerhouse of your new Solid State Logic studio.
SSL has been designing groundbreaking mixer desks and sound processors for the best sound studios in the world for more than four decades. Now you get to share in this colossal knowledge of good sound in your own personal studio.
With SSL2 / SSL2 + you get two first-class input steps, so you get the cleanest and clearest sound image from your microphone or instrument. Sometimes the raw sound from a microphone can sound a bit tame - so that's why you get SSL's new Legacy 4K button.
Legacy 4K is a new analog effect inspired by the classic SSL4000 Series desks often called "4K".
The effect brings together two essential sound colors that are typical of the famous "SSL sound": a musical high-frequency EQ boost combined with a very discreet but well-sounding harmonic distortion, which together can breathe life and sound into an otherwise dull and sad input signal.
Although SSL2 / SSL2 + is at the low end of the price range, there are no compromises in components and design here. The units are i.a. equipped with Neutrik connectors, Alps potmeters and AKM AD / DA converters known from SSL's Alpha-Link products.
Here is everything you can expect from a high-end SSL product boiled down to your own personal sound studio.
Included in the package is also SSL Production Pack software, where you get:
- 2 original SSL plug-ins, Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip, so you get the fastest way to well-sounding vocal and drum sounds,
- Lite editions of two leading Digital Audio Workstations: Pro Tools First and Ableton Live Lite
- Native Instruments Complete Start with over 2000 instruments and sounds and HybridKeys with piano and synth sounds etc.
- 1,5 GB samples and loops from Loopcloud
Your professional collaborative studio
• 2-In / 4-Out USB Audio Interface
• 2 x SSL-designed microphone preamps with unrivaled noise performance and gain range for a USB-powered device
• Legacy 4K - analogue color enhancement for any input source, inspired by classic SSL consoles
• 2 x Professional, high-current grade headphone outputs, with plenty of power and the ability to create a second independent headphone mix for the 2nd performer
• 24-bit / 192 kHz AD / DA AKM Converters - capture and hear all the detail of your creations
• Easy-to-use Monitor Mix Control for critical low-latency monitoring tasks
• Balanced monitor outputs, with stunning dynamic range
• Additional unbalanced RCA outputs for easy connection to DJ Mixers
• MIDI I / O
• USB 2.0, bus-powered audio interface for Mac / PC - no power supply required