Master Bus Converter
Whether the purpose is recording, mixing or mastering, Master Buss Converter is a revelation in quality and functionality within A / D conversion. The analog circuit allows the MBC converter to be routed either via a Class A transformer-free signal path for maximum transparency or through custom-designed transformers for a wide range of tonal variations and enhancements. Along with an astonishing musical limiter, MBC is always the best choice for maintaining your analog signals with bell-ready three-dimensional precision.
Dual Path Analog Design
As the last link in the analog chain before digitization, converter drive circuitry is critical in determining the imprinted digital sound quality. From the ground up, the MBC was designed for reference performance regardless of genre or desired sonic character, and the key to this lies in the quality and adaptability of the analog drive circuitry.
For a bolder, more powerful imprint, a custom-designed inter-stage transformer with Rupert's acclaimed Silk circuitry can be inserted to recreate the classic tonality of his vintage designs. Uniquely, unlike our audio transformers intended for line-level output, this new transformer is designed to achieve output transformer harmonic content characteristics at a level appropriate for input to the converter itself. With the addition of variable Silk, the engineer is able to precisely dial in the desired amount of harmonic content - with the Red mode highlighting harmonics in the mid and high frequencies, and the Blue mode accentuating harmonics in the low-end. From a subtle transformer tonality without Silk, to significantly more color than vintage modules with the Silk / Texture circuit fully pushed, the selectable transformer path fills your tracks with enhanced dimensionality and power.
- XLR Line Input to AES3 Digital Output (Limiter Bypassed) - ZSOURCE = 40 Ω Balanced
- Input Impedance: 9.9 kΩ
- Common Mode Rejection @ 1 kHz: 105 dB typical
- Transformerless Path
- Frequency Response (20 Hz to 70 kHz): +/- 0.025 dB typical
- THD + N @ 1 kHz @ -2 dBFS (10 Hz - 22 kHz BW): 0.0009% typical
- Noise (BW 10 Hz - 22 kHz): -108 dBFS typical
- Transformer Path
- Transformer Frequency Response (20 Hz to 70 kHz): +/- 0.1 dB typical
- THD + N @ 1 kHz @ -2 dBFS (10 Hz - 22 kHz BW): 0.002% typical
- Noise (BW 10 Hz - 22 kHz): -114 dBFS typical
- Limiter Specifications (Transformerless Path Selected) - ZSOURCE = 40 Ω Balanced Frequency Response (20 Hz to 70 kHz):
- +/- 0.1 dB typical
- Noise @ 0 dB Make-Up Gain (10 Hz - 22 kHz BW): -107 dBFS typical
- Noise @ +20 dB Make-Up Gain (10 Hz - 22 kHz BW): -97 dBFS typical
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
Product Dimensions (W x D x H): 19 ”(48.3 cm) x 9” (22.9 cm) x 1.65 ”(4.2 cm) Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H): 24” (61 cm) x 13 ”( 33 cm) x 4 ”(10.2 cm) Shipping Weight: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)