The R-122V Vacuum Tube Ribbon Microphone tape microphone is Royer's top model. Here, the well-known and beloved sound of Royer's band microphones is combined with tubes, thus achieving a completely sublime warmth combined with clarity and air.
The R-122V is the absolute best in tape microphones.
NB, it is a good idea to buy the Sling-Shock RSM-SS1 as seen in the last picture.
- Vacuum tube electronics provide high output capability, optimal impedance to the ribbon element and low output impedance
- Extremely low self-noise
- Operates from a dedicated power supply
- High SPL capabilities for electric guitar and percussion instruments
- Absence of high-frequency peaks, ringing and phase shifts
- Ribbon element unaffected by impedance / load, heat or humidity
- Very low magnetic leakage
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- Rear side of mic records slightly brighter when three feet or closer to sound source
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient with vacuum tube
- Vacuum Tube: JAN mil-spec 5840W pentode wired in triode configuration
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 30 -15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: -36 dB (re. 1v / pa +/- 1 dB)
- Self-Noise: <18 dB
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms, balanced
- Rated Load Impedance: 1 K-Ohm
- Maximum SPL:> 135dB SPL @ 20 Hz
- Power Requirements: Plate supply: 135 VDC @ 2ma, Filament supply: 6 VDC @ 150ma from dedicated power supply.
- Dimensions: 206mm L, 25mm W (8 1/8 ”L, 1 ″ W).
- Weight: 300g (10.9 oz)
- Finish: Dull Satin Nickel / Matte Black Chrome optional
- Orchestral miking, close and distant
- Strings - solo & sections
- Acoustic Piano, Harp, etc.
- electric guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
- Vocals, Commercial Broadcast, Voice Over
- Brass, Horn Sections
- Drum Overheads, Room Miking
- Percussion Instruments