The Lauten Audio LA-320 V2 is a twin-tone tube microphone that allows you to choose between the warmth and body of a vintage tube microphone and the clarity and presence of a modern tube microphone at the flip of a switch. Classic tube microphones were made for a signal chain that you don't have, so Lauten designed the LA-320 to sound great without it. Centered around a custom-made Lauten Audio capsule and hand-soldered tube circuit path, our unique microphone design gives you the musical color and gentle compression associated with classic signal chains but straight into your audio interface.
Each LA-320 is lovingly designed and built to last a lifetime by the Lauten Audio family.
TWO TUBE MICS IN ONE
The LA-320's onboard sound-shaping eliminates the need for mic swaps and wasted time. Choose between the warmth of a classic tube microphone and the clarity of a modern tube microphone at the flip of a switch. Capture the wood of a worn-out acoustic guitar and the air of a pop vocal with the same microphone at the flip of a switch.
Unlike classic capsule designs, Lauten's hand-tuned 32mm transducer naturally imparts gentle compression and balance to any sound source, making it ideal for use on traditionally troublesome applications. This means getting a great recording in the real world is faster and easier.
FINISHED SOUND WITHOUT THE SIGNAL CHAIN
The LA-320 isn't flat – it sounds like music. We believe every Lauten Audio microphone should stand on its own and make your life easier. Does the LA-320 sound great with a high-end signal chain? You bet! Does it need one to deliver powerful, present sound out of the box? Not at all.
The LA-320 is hand-soldered with high resolution, low distortion polypropylene capacitors and resistors, a dual triode vacuum tube, and a vintage-inspired output transformer. The resulting sound is crisp, clear, and full without the high noise floor and delicacy of vintage microphones.
- Professional large diaphragm vacuum tube condenser microphone
- High-cut filter tames bright sources
- Low-cut filter removes unwanted rumble and muddiness
- 1-inch gold sputtered diaphragm
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Dual-triode vacuum tube and 1-inch capsule reminiscent of classic German mics
- Vintage inspired transformer balanced output
- Ideal for a range of instruments and vocals
- High quality components to ensure solid performance
- Includes spider shock mount, 5-pin tube mic cable, and durable hard case
- Includes custom, stable, dedicated power supply with selectable mains voltage
- Type: 1-inch dual large diaphragm pressure gradient transducer microphone
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Circuit: Vacuum tube with transformer balanced output
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Max SPL: Less than 0.5 percent THD @ 1000Hz: 130dB
- Self-Noise Level: 17dB-A
- Sensitivity: 14Mv / Pa (@ 1kHz, 74dB SPL)
- Special Features: Selectable, independent 120Hz low-cut & 12kHz high-cut filters
- Connector: 5-pin XLR (PSU to microphone) and 3-pin XLR (PSU to preamp)
- Power Requirement: Custom power supply (switchable 100V to 240V compatible range)
- Product Code: LA-320