The Lauten Audio LA-220 V2 is a two-tone FET microphone that allows you to choose between the warmth of a classic microphone and the clarity of a modern microphone at the flip of a switch. Traditional microphones were made for a signal chain that you don't have, so we designed the LA-220 to sound great without it. Centered around a custom-made Lauten Audio capsule and hand-soldered circuit path, our unique microphone design gives you the musical color and gentle compression associated with classic signal chains but straight into your audio interface.
Each LA-220 is lovingly designed and built to last a lifetime by the Lauten Audio family.
TWO MICS IN ONE
Choose between modern clarity and classic warmth at the flip of a switch. Is something too bright? Flip a switch. Too dark? Flip a switch. The LA-220's onboard analog sound-shaping eliminates the need for mic swaps and downtime, which means you can focus on the main thing — making music. Capture vocals with presence and punch or an electric guitar without any annoying high-end sizzle effortlessly.
The LA-220 utilizes the same capsule as its larger tube sibling, the LA-320. Unlike traditional capsule designs, our hand-tuned 32mm transducer naturally imparts gentle compression and balance to any sound source, making it ideal for use in an array of string, percussion, and vocal applications.
CLASSIC SOUND WITHOUT THE SIGNAL CHAIN
The LA-220 isn't flat – it sounds like music. We believe every Lauten Audio microphone should stand on its own and make your life easier. Does the LA-220 sound great with a fancy signal chain? You bet! Does it need one to deliver powerful, present sound? Nope.
WHAT'S INSIDE MATTERS
Hand-soldered with high resolution, low distortion polypropylene capacitors and resistors, a US-made ultra-low noise JFET, and a vintage-inspired output transformer. The result is a crisp, clear, mix-ready sound brimming with life.
- Professional large diaphragm FET studio condenser microphone
- Ideal for capturing vocals and instruments
- Ideal for creating vibrant modern vocals
- High-cut filter tames bright sources
- Low-cut filter removes room rumble and muddiness
- Ultra-low noise USA JFET amplifier for superior solid-state sound
- Includes spider shock mount
- Polypropylene capacitors & resistor
- Vintage inspired transformer balanced output
- Type: 1-inch dual large diaphragm pressure gradient transducer microphone
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Circuit: JFET transistor with transformer balanced output
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Max SPL: Less than 0.5 percent THD @ 1000Hz: 130dB
- Self-Noise Level: 15dB-A
- Sensitivity: 16Mv/Pa – 40dB (0dB = 1V/Pa 1kHz)
- Special Features: Selectable, independent 120Hz low-cut & 12kHz high-cut filters
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Power Requirement: + 48v phantom power
- Product Code: LA-220