The Lauten Audio LA-120 V2 is a transformerless condenser microphone with world-class transparency and sonic flexibility. This uniquely configurable design is equipped with analog sound-shaping onboard and includes interchangeable Cardioid and Omni capsules for added flexibility. Unlike traditional microphone designs that utilize a transformer to introduce color and saturation, the LA-120 is built around a US made JFET to capture the vibrance and character of a sound with unprecedented realism and authenticity.
Each LA-120 is lovingly designed and built to last a lifetime by the Lauten Audio family.
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
The LA-120's onboard sound-shaping eliminates the need for mic swaps and wasted time. Jump from crisp to smooth to ribbon-like sonics at the flip of a switch. Take the edge off harsh overheads, or warm up a bright piano. Add picking articulation to an acoustic guitar, or perfectly capture a string quartet, all at the flip of a switch.
Hand-tuned 17mm capsules provide transparent, lifelike sound with a musical blend of transient response and natural compression. This makes the LA-120 an ideal choice for use on drum overheads, percussion, acoustic guitar, and piano.
OMNI AND CARDIOID POLAR PATTERNS
Cardioid capsules will focus each microphone's attention directly to where it is pointed, reducing the overall sound of a room in a recording. Omnidirectional capsules allow the sound of a room or other off-axis instrumentation to be captured naturally and with uncolored authenticity.
The LA-120 signal path is hand-populated with high resolution, low distortion polypropylene capacitors and resistors, built around a US-made JFET for articulate, uncolored, and high-impact performance.
HIGH SPL ASSISTANCE (OPTIONAL)
Lauten designed the LA-120s to excel in numerous applications, but you may want to use them on something extra loud. The optional in-line pads allow the LA-120's dynamic range and depth to be fully utilized on high SPL sound sources like toms, snare drums, and more.
- Professional small diaphragm FET studio condenser microphones
- Ideal for capturing vibrant character and transients
- Interchangeable cardioid and omni-directional capsules
- High-cut and low-cut filters for removing unwanted noise and taming frequencies
- Ultra-low noise USA JFET amplifier for superior solid-state sounds
- Includes 2 hard mount clips, foam wind screens, and wood style box
- Type: Small diaphragm FET true pressure gradient condenser
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid and Omni-directional (swappable)
- Circuit: Ultra-low noise JFET transistor with balanced output
- Frequency Range: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Max SPL: Less than 0.5 percent THD @ 1000Hz: 130dB
- Self-Noise Level: 15dB-A
- Sensitivity: 10Mv/Pa – 40dB (0dB = 1V/Pa 1kHz)
- Special Features: Selectable, independent 50 & 150Hz low-cut & 15kHz high-cut
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Power Requirement: + 48v phantom power
- Length per mic:160 mm
- Diameter per mic: 12 mm