Fatso is a stereo processor which, as the name suggests, is designed to make the sound fatter. It does so with harmonic distortion / soft clipping, generation of high frequency harmonics, emulation of transformers and analog tone heads and finally with classic hard knee compression.
Fatso is designed with a minimum of controls - on the other hand, (almost) anyone can achieve a good result very quickly.
- Frequency range 2 Hz to 160 kHz in “clean” mode (+0, -3 dB).
- 110 dB dynamic range (20% THD soft clipping) from max. to my. output in 1: 1 mode. S / N better than 100 dB.
- From 0.06% to 20% distortion, depending on mode and settings.
- DC coupled input and output + electronics with high quality capacitors.
- Time constants - Attack from 1mS - 200mS. Release from 0.05 sec. to 3.5 sec. Attack and release times are fixed and depend on the compression type.
- Metal chassis - 1 rack U