Apollo x6 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface - Elite Audio Conversion with two Unison preamps, new HEXA Core Processing and Surround Sound Monitoring.
With Apollo x6, music producers and post-production studios can track and mix with the new world-class A / D and D / A converters, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processors, 5.1 surround monitoring and LUNA recording System integration (Mac) - all contained in a smart Thunderbolt 3 audio interface rack for Mac or PC.
Based on Universal Audio's 60-year history in high-end audio, the new 16 × 22 interface is equipped with two Unison preamps that can deliver authentic emulations of classic preamps from Neve, API, Manley, SSL and more. And with the new HEXA Core processors, you get 50% more DSP to run the phenomenal UAD plug-ins in real time.
In addition to the new elite-class converters, the Apollo x6 can switch to compatibility with professional +24 dB gear and is equipped with an integrated monitor controller and a built-in talkback microphone.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
The Apollo x-series are all equipped with the new HEXA Core processing power with six DSP chips and thus have 50% more plug-in processor horsepower than the previous Apollo models. It allows you to run with multiple plug-ins, whether you record in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley or API, or whether you run with many UAD plug-ins in your DAW mix.
LUNA Recording System included
Apollo x6 can be used with all major DAWs such as Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Cubase etc. But it will be a fully integrated system with LUNA, a new revolutionary recording software for Mac from Universal Audio. Supported by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring, LUNA gives you an intuitive one-window workflow where you can record and mix with an unlimited number of tracks, full AU support and access to an exclusive selection of LUNA instruments and extensions. From integrated Studer multitrack tape and built-in Neve Summing to instruments from Moog et al. LUNA transforms your Apollo interface into the most inspiring music workshop on the planet.
Surround Sound Monitoring
With comprehensive surround format support up to 5.1, the Apollo x6 is the obvious choice for technicians and producers working with audio and music for games, TV and web media.
Apollo x6 has 16 × 22 simultaneous inputs / outputs (6 × 6 analog I / O) and built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backward compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs via an adapter (sold separately). Thus, users of Apollo Twin or other Thunderbolt Apollo racks can combine up to four Apollo interfaces and a total of six UAD.2 devices in a single system and get more in / outs and more DSP as the need grows.
Apollo x6 Key Features:
- 16 x 22 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with market leading 24-bit / 192 KHz converters
- HEXA Core Realtime UAD Processors for tracking through UAD plug-ins with close to 0-latency regardless of the audio buffer size setting
- Record through two Unison ™ mic / line preamps with authentic preamp emulations by Neve, APIU, Manley, SSL and more.
- Surround monitor controller up to 5.1 format *
- Realtime Analog Classics Plus ”UAD plug-in bundle is included with UA 610-B Tube Preamp; Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic mm.
- Produce with LUNA Recording System - a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac / Thunderbolt)
- UAD-2 HEXA Core processors provide extra DSP horsepower to mix in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, etc.
- Combine up to 4 Apollo interfaces via Thunderbolt and up to 6 UAD units in total
- Switches to +24 dBu level for compatibility with larger desks and belt machines
- Operation from the front panel includes i.a. Alt Speaker, Talkback, Dim, Mono mm
- Uncompromising Universal Audio analog design and solid build quality