Should one mention a synonym for mixbus compression, it is SSL, and perhaps especially the legendary compressor that sat in the equally legendary SSL 4000 desk from 1976. SSL´ very special bus compressor made it a fixed and beloved part of the sound image, and not least any serious SSL desk.
It was already the first choice for many of the world's top producers and technicians - an indispensable tool for “gluing” the mix together, and it for sounding bigger, more finished and punchy.
With THE BUS +, Solid State Logic has been on a mission to create the ultimate and most versatile restoration of SSL´s Bus Compressor ever.
The design is still true to the original circuit and forms the basis of what the device is built on. Up to several unique circuits and advanced processing tools have been added, so you need clean and punchy sound like on a SuperAnalogueTM 9000 Series desk, then you can or should it be gritty and dusty as on an early 4000E desk, then you can too. Or do you need “over-the-top” parallel compression on your drums, THE BUS + is your best friend.
THE BUS + also has a new dynamic equalizer, transient expander, Dry / wet control for parallel compression, advanced connection and routing options and much more…
THE BUS + is the ultimate SSL Bus compressor.
- The ultimate, most versatile incarnation of the Bus Compressor ever
- Authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit utilizing high-performance 2181 THAT VCAs.
- 4 modes of operation - Classic Stereo, S / C Stereo, Dual Mono or Mid-Side.
- New Attack and Release time constant options - more flexibility to shape the Bus Compressor, including the new 'Auto 2' setting.
- 3 distinct compression coloring options, which can be combined or used individually:
- 4K Mode - single VCA operation with variable harmonic distortion to bring some 'grit' and 'grunge' to the mix.
- LOW THD Mode reduces low-frequency distortion caused by compression, cleaning up the bottom-end.
- F / B Mode alters the compression characteristics for a more 'relaxed' style of compression.
- Outstanding sonic performance and stepped pots designed for mastering and precision processing applications.
- Built-in 2-band Dynamic EQ (D-EQ).
- Transient Expander.
- Configurable processing order - Bus Compressor pre D-EQ (default) or post.
- External side-chain inputs and sends.
- Variable side-chain High-Pass Filter control up to 300 Hz in 10 Hz steps.
- Mix control for instant parallel compression.