You’ve probably tried having to control rumbling or sharp frequencies sticking out in a mix with a traditional EQ only to find that the result negatively affected the original recording. One can of course automate, but it is time consuming and may sound unnatural.
This is where Oxford Dynamic EQ comes into the picture! There are many situations in mix and mastering where EQ is necessary, but where a static EQ results in too large or too small changes, depending on how the signal changes over time. It may also be that the signal in some frequency ranges needs more compressor / expander than in others.
Multi-belt compressors are a commonly used solution, but they often have little control over the shape of the processed belts and can cause phase problems. Linear phase multi-band compressors, on the other hand, are processor-intensive with high latency and can cause noise in the lower frequencies. Sonnox Oxford Dynamic EQ solves all these problems and provides tools for processing and problem solving that cannot be handled with traditional EQ or multiband compressor.
• 5 bands 'R3 Type 3' proportional-Q dynamic equalization with optional shelf type
◦ All bands can overlap fluidly without the phase problems and low frequency side effects known from multiband compressors
• Each band can be processed or controlled via mono. stereo, mid or side channels
• Flexible internal / external side chain controls per. ties
• Up / down compression and up / down expansion are possible
Unique detection system for precise transient processing
• A simple and informative user interface simplifies the or often complex handling of multi-band dynamic plug-ins