R-121 Live Ribbon Microphone - the standard among tape microphones.
Royer 121 came on the market back in 1998, and is today a study standard in tape microphones. It is a favorite for recording electric guitar of wind, but its special sound finds to a large extent for recording e.g. vocals and acoustic guitar.
The award-winning R-121 is Royer's flagship microphone; The world's first radically re-engineered tape microphone that reintroduced tape microphones for studios around the world.
The R-121 Live delivers all the warm and natural sound that is characteristic of tape microphones, but in a compact, lightweight, high-output that was previously unheard of with a tape microphone. R-121 Live provides a powerful output as expected in live setups and comparable to a dynamic. With an accurate 8-figure
NB, it is a good idea to buy the Sling-Shock RSM-SS1 as seen in the last picture.
- High SPL Capabilities
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element is not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distanceLive Applications
- Electric Guitar Amps
- Brass Instruments
- Horn Sections
- Drum Rooms
- Kick Drum
- Percussion Instruments
- Acoustic Piano
- Acoustic Guitar
- String Instruments & Sections
- Choirs & Orchestras
- Commercial Broadcast