EastWest / Quantum Leap RA provides composers with access to a variety of rare and unique instruments from Africa, Europe, India, the Americas and Australia, the Far East, and the Middle East and Turkish Empires. Musicians will find that RA has an amazing sound quality and they'll marvel at the articulation of each instrument which has a wide range that goes from controlled to expressive. All of the instruments and ensembles featured in the collection were sampled extensively as a means of preserving the true character and expression of each instrument. For the first time, users will have more control over the sounds offered in the collection along with the ability to load even more instruments than ever before.
With the combination of EastWest / Quantum Leap Ra, Gypsy and Silk collections you have the most detailed and expressive ethnic instruments ever produced.
"With ethnic instruments, the key to authenticity of sound is expression," says EastWest / Quantum Leap Producer Nick Phoenix. “Now with the incorporation of our advanced PLAY sample engine, with its built-in sensing technology that monitors a player's style and adjusts the software and sounds accordingly, users will experience a level of detail that was lacking in other products in the market, making their projects come to life with range and emotion. ”
In addition to PLAY's intuitive custom interface, EastWest / Quantum Leap RA - PLAY Edition includes many other features, such as:
- 64-bit (for 32-bit compatibility, please use PLAY 4)
- Intelligent performance section including portamento, repetition, legato
- Features round robin reset
- Offers improved articulation window and controls
- State-of-the-art convolution reverb with pre-delay
- Improved micro-tuning
- Improved sound quality with high-resolution audio engine
- Hi-fidelity one pole filter for natural cross-fades
- Stereo image editing is now possible using channel sourcing
The instruments featured in the PLAY Editions are newly programmed for PLAY from the original recordings