Total control for maximum impact
Amphion's FlexBase25 is a modern approach to subwoofer design. FlexBase25 is room friendly and equally suited for studio acoustics as well as less-treated home studio environments. It is easy to setup and intuitive to adjust. FlexBase25 is a single box, stereo base extension system, which is placed on the center line between the main speakers.
Wide adjustment possibilities regarding crossover frequency (35-260 Hz), subwoofer level, as well as the mono-stereo spread, allow FlexBase25 to address the needs of a rapidly changing landscape of modern music-making. With a turn of a few dials, the system adapts to any task you happen to be working on. It can be fat, fun, and vibey when writing and producing. It will be precise, correct, and analytical when putting the finishing touches on a track or a film score.
FlexBase25 does not work like a conventional subwoofer. It does not only add, it also transforms. FlexBase25 turns your 2-way monitor into a 3-way full range system, which increases the monitor's headroom radically. Pair it with One12 or One15 for an ultra-fast, easy to adjust small room full-range system. Place it behind your console and let it blend seamlessly with your One18, Two15 or Two18 monitor, which are located on a meter bridge. When you want to dial in on the midrange the by-pass function allows you to use your monitors for a narrower midrange view.
While FlexBase25 is naturally optimized for Amphion products, nothing prevents using it with different studio monitors as well.
- Variable crossover frequency allows changing the flavor of the system to match the specifics of the various production tasks.
- Mono / stereo spread adjustment to ensure precise system integration, even when higher crossover points are used.
- Fast and simple-to-set-up, easily adapting to a large variety of projects and acoustic environments.
- Operating principle: One way closed box, stereo
- Drivers: 2 x 25 cm / 10 ”aluminum
- Crossover: Active 4th-order @ 35-260 Hz
- Max SPL: 117dB
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 260 Hz +/- 3dB (low pass) 35 Hz - 200 kHz +/- 3dB (high pass)
- Weight: 50kg / 110lb
- Hand-made in Finland
- Output power: 600W RMS into 4 Ω @ 1% THD
- Distortion: @ 1W: 0,003% (100 Hz)
- Distortion: @ 100W: 0,006% (100 Hz)
- Signal to noise ratio: 93dB @ 1W
- Efficiency: 85% @ full power (230V operation)
- Weight: 5kg / 11lb
- Assembled in Finland